Once again, a bag of Mycogen® brand seed can do more than grow high-quality corn — it can help FFA students raise funds and learn.
Blue-and-gold seed bags are back again this year
Last year, Mycogen Seeds piloted the Turn the Bag Blue & Gold program with the National FFA Organization and six FFA chapters across corn-growing region. After a successful pilot year, this program is now expanded to seven states and eight FFA chapters.
As part of the Turn the Bag Blue & Gold program, farmers can purchase seed through participating FFA chapters (in collaboration with their local Mycogen territory manager and local retailer) and receive their Mycogen brand seed in a specially branded Mycogen blue-and-gold bag. FFA students reap rewards in two ways from this program:
- Get agronomy and professional sales field experience they can apply toward future careers in agriculture
- Raise funds for their local FFA chapter, state FFA associations and the National FFA Organization
8 chapters are hitting the field this fall
Eight participating FFA chapters are putting their skills to work and offering corn hybrids that fit local geographies in specially branded Mycogen blue-and-gold bags. This includes two Mycogen brand TMF silage hybrids. Farmers interested in supporting the program and their local FFA chapter can contact one of this year’s chapter participants or Mycogen retailers.
- Elsberry FFA Chapter or MFA Incorporated, Elsberry, Missouri
- Central Plains FFA Chapter, Gowrie, Iowa, or NEW Cooperative Inc., Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Eastern Hancock FFA Chapter, Charlottesville, Indiana, or Harvest Land Co-op, Wilkinson, Indiana
- York FFA Chapter or Central Valley Ag Cooperative, York, Nebraska
- Chase County FFA Chapter or Nutrien Ag Solutions, Imperial, Nebraska
- Fremont FFA Chapter or Ceres Solutions, Fremont, Michigan
- Alexandria FFA Chapter, Alexandria, Minnesota, or Pro-Ag Farmers Coop, Brandon, Minnesota
- Bureau Valley FFA Chapter, Manlius, Illinois, or Nutrien Ag Solutions, Sheffield, Illinois